A few notes from this week’s coaches show:
- “We got what we deserved,” head coach Watson Brown opens the show with.
- “We lost our poise,” Brown added. He says it was more of an issue on the offensive side than the defensive side, and while we need to have some patience, we don’t need to have too much patience. “We’re not anywhere close offensively to where we need to be.”
- “Everything I see is correctable…I don’t think they had a better team,” Brown said of Indiana State. “I don’t think we had a better team, but we’re the ones who made all the bad plays.”
- “I think we take too many chances at the line,” Brown says. Says he crowds the line too much for the run, puts the cornerbacks at the line too often.
- Talking about his “quarterback wing” Darian Stone, Brown says he keeps Stone out there too long, and that by the third or fourth quarter Stone is tired. “You can see it,” Brown added. Says it’s a very demanding position, but they need to use it more, and calls it the most positive thing about his offense so far.