[Noon] Eastern Kentucky at IUPUI (ESPN3)
[1:05p] Murray State at Evansville
[4p] Lipscomb at Austin Peay (OVC Digital)
[6p] SIUE at Saint Louis (FS Midwest)
[6p] Missouri State at Southeast Missouri. (OVC Digital)
[7p] Northern Illinois at Eastern Illinois (OVC Digital)
[8p] Tennessee Tech at Alabama (SECN +)
Sunday, December 14
[2p] Dartmouth at Jacksonville State
All Times Central
GAME OF THE WEEKEND: Murray State (5-4) at Evansville (7-1)
Murray State has won three straight after a dismal start in the Music City Invitational, including a double-digit win over Western Kentucky this past weekend. Evansville is coming off a win at Belmont, where their offense unsurprisingly ran through D.J. Balentine.
Steve Prohm will tell you Murray State is focused on improvement, not wins right now. It’s the right message to his team, which isn’t rising as fast as anticipated, but the Racers are running out of chances to notch quality non-conference wins, which could have a big impact if Murray State can find their way to the postseason. Offensively — we saw improvement against Western Kentucky, and the Racers worked for better shots instead of taking the first available. They needed all the offense they could get, as the defense, outside of the first nine minutes, struggled to contain the Hilltoppers.
THREE MORE GAMES TO WATCH:
- Morehead State at Ohio State: The Eagles last took down a ranked opponent in 2011, but there are some that think Morehead State could keep this close. The Eagles can rebound, will play full-court defense, and the Buckeyes have struggled against those kind of teams this year. The problem: Can the Eagles put up points in the half-court against the Ohio State defense.
- Missouri State at Southeast Missouri: The in-state Bears are 4-3, but pushed Washington State to overtime in Alaska before falling in their final game of the tournament. SEMO’s offense hasn’t been as strong as previous years, but their defense has been stellar. They’ll need it against a team hitting 37% from three-point range this year.
- Tennessee Tech at Alabama: The Crimson Tide are off to a somewhat surprising 5-2 start this year, and they’re one of the best offenses in the nation, averaging nearly 80 points a game. The Golden Eagles have the quality big guys to compete inside, but they’re going to need a big night from the backcourt to compete for 40 minutes.
- Eastern Kentucky at IUPUI: The Jaguars are one of the worst teams in turnover margin facing one of the best in EKU. Advantage – Colonels.
- Lipscomb at Austin Peay: Govs return to Clarksville for first time in nearly a month, hosting improved Bison.
- SIUE at St. Louis: Cougars defense struggling, but a chance to bounce-back against low-scoring Billikens
- Northern Illinois at Eastern Illinois: EIU coming off best scoring night of year, big test at home against Northern Illinois
- Dartmouth at Jacksonville State: Gamecocks need to bounce back from 25-point loss against Alabama State. Dartmouth struggling.